Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa Overstay As A Minor

Hey Guys,

I just had a quick question; if somebody wouldnt mind giving me an answer, I would really appreciate it. Here's the situation.

I came to the US when I was 13 years old, under an L2 visa. When I was 16, my parents got divorced. I stayed with my mother, and my father left with the rest of my siblings. Shortly after, my visa expired. Being a minor at the time still living with my mother, I didnt have much of a choice or say in the matter. A few months after, about 5 months before my 18th birthday, I was apprehended by ICE at an immigration checkpoint in Texas and was placed under deportation proceedings. When I came off age and moved out of my mothers house, I settled all the legality issues by applying for voluntary departure, which I was granted by an immigration judge. This whole process took over two years, due to the backlog of immigration cases. However, I missed no court dates I was supposed to attend, and followed all rules and regulations. Heres to my question.

Do overstay days accumulate after you've been put in deportation proceedings? Since I was a minor when I was apprehended, accumulation days had not begun to count for me. However, due to no fault of mine, the whole deal took almost two years. Like I said, I was granted voluntary departure, so I wasn't deported, and have no other legal troubles to speak of (I have all the paperwork proving that I left the US, which I received from the US embassy here). Do I have any overstay days accumulated? Or do does ICE stop counting the days after you've been placed in removal proceedings (Which in my case would be none since I was a minor at the time)?

Thank you very much for any answers, I really appreciate it,

Cheers.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X