Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A or L1B

Hi All,

I'm having 9.11 years of experience in Software Development in various domain with onsite exposure in US previously in H1B for 4.5 years.

I'm out of US for last 2 years and my present company is willing to file L1A / L1B for me now. I'm with this company for last 1.3 years and in the role of Assistant Manager.

I have 10/12 direct reportees under me in India and 4 of them who will be reporting to me in USA in the profile I will be going at the client location.

I'm also working on a niche skill which is a client proprietary framework.

I'm confused in this situation which will be a better fit for me L1A or L1B.

Looking forward to get your suggestions and advises.

Thanks for the help!
    Regards!

Based on the details provided ideally you should be applying for L1B. But then the chances of clearing L1B interviews is slim these days. If you are confident about the proprietary tool then apply for L1B.

Comment

Go for L1A

I would strongly recommend to go for L1A. In case you make up your mind to apply for Green Card in US, you can apply in EB1 category with L1A and get the GC in 6 months. With L1B, there are high chances that your company will ask you to file under EB2 in which case it's a 6-8 year process. L1A will allow you to get GC and change your job quickly if you wish.

- Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X