Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B approved @ US Sydney Consulate

Hi All,

Thank you to all of the members who have shared their experiences of US visa interview.

I am very much excited to share my story on this forum. Like other folks, I too have gone through the situation of going to US consulate for visa interview. I was little bit skeptical about the US visa procedure since my B1 visa was rejected and thought, it needed a luck to get visa approved. My company decided to file a L1 Blanket petition recently and it was approved within 2 weeks time and I booked an appointment for visa interview. I had a biometric and visa interview on the same day i.e. 26 Oct 2015.

I had an appointment at 9:15 AM, there were other slots available but I decided to book this time so I can buy some time and feel relaxed in the morning. But, situation did not let me relax and could not sleep very well due to curiosity and I had to be proactive and alert through out the process.

I reached consulate at 9:00 AM, asked security personnel about my appointment and they told me to stand in a queue of 30-40 people. Well, it was frustrating to go through all of security scanning for 45 minutes and finally, I finished security scanning, documentation, and finger print scanning. I was asked to take a token and stand in the queue and wait for the token to be flashed on the screen.

After the wait of 15 minutes, my turn came and I headed towards the counter. And it begins...

Me: Hi, Good Morning, I am James Bond . How are you doing, today?
    VO: She was the lady. She seemed little bit stressed initially. May be due to routine. Just asked for my passport and copy i129 and i797.
    Me: I submitted passport and documents and waited for her questions.
    VO: Which company are you working for?
    ME: I work for MI6.
    VO: Okay, Why are to travelling to the US?
    ME: I will be travelling to US for the implementation and customization of company X's proprietary tool Y in the US market. And blah blah...
    VO: What is your specialization?
    ME: Explained about my specialization.
    VO: She took some time and looked at the I129 provided by me, pulled it out and started signing and putting a stamp on it and by saying that I am approving your visa.
    ME: I was happy and relieved from the intense preparation of 1 week.
    VO: Have you been to US before?
    ME: I said no, this is my first time and I am very much excited.
    VO: Smiling, have a good time then.
    ME: Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

I was very tensed about this visa interview and prepared all of the answers and practiced them more than 20 times. I did not even prepare so much for my engineering viva's. But this one was important and had to nail it since I had nothing to loose and B1 visa rejection was still on my mind.

Thanks all. All the best for your appointments and prepare well. There is nothing called as a LUCK, it does not exist. Believe in You and make it happen even when the situation is not favorable to you. This is just a visa and not a end of the world.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X