Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B visa (blanket) extension in Matamoros, Mexico.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa (blanket) extension in Matamoros, Mexico.

Warm greetings,

I have a L1B visa(obtained using a blanket petition) valid till April 2016.this was provided by US embassy, Chennai, India.

Planning to extend it for two more years, as my compony needs to me to work from the US for atleast another year.

I am in Houston,TX i didnt want to go to India for L1B visa extension(or stamping, my understanding is they are not different). The reason is US embassy Matamoros , Mexico is so close that i can even drive there.

Iam targeting for an appointment @ matamors US embassy in the week of Dec 14th-2015

i understand that there is a risk involved as outlined in https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-stamping-in-mexico/ whenver we are trying to get Visa extension outside the home country.

my queries are,

1.if it is rejected- can i still reenter and work in US as my curent Visa is still valid till April 2016?

2.if they decided to do additional administrative processing can i still reenter and work as the visa is valid till April 2016 or i will be struck in mexico till the process is complete?

@raghvi & other experts highly appreciate your comments and advise.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Warm greetings,

I have a L1B visa(obtained using a blanket petition) valid till April 2016.this was provided by US embassy, Chennai, India.

Planning to extend it for two more years, as my compony needs to me to work from the US for atleast another year.

I am in Houston,TX i didnt want to go to India for L1B visa extension(or stamping, my understanding is they are not different). The reason is US embassy Matamoros , Mexico is so close that i can even drive there.

Iam targeting for an appointment @ matamors US embassy in the week of Dec 14th-2015

i understand that there is a risk involved as outlined in https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-stamping-in-mexico/ whenver we are trying to get Visa extension outside the home country.

my queries are,

1.if it is rejected- can i still reenter and work in US as my curent Visa is still valid till April 2016?

2.if they decided to do additional administrative processing can i still reenter and work as the visa is valid till April 2016 or i will be struck in mexico till the process is complete?

@raghvi & other experts highly appreciate your comments and advise.

What would you do if they hold your passport or cancel existing L1 while processing your extension?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What would you do if they hold your passport or cancel existing L1 while processing your extension?
      thanks for the response. i did not knew that they can do it. can they? because the visa is valid till April 2016.

if they can cancel, then i cant reenter US. i will have to fly to India. is that right?

i dont know ABC of it, i see people in the forum are sucessful in getting their extension and Visa stamped at matamoros, however i wanted to fully understand the risk before i fix an apointment. any help for me to understan the risks highly apprecaited.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X