Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding stay on L1B Visa on per di.em

Hi,

I had a query regarding stay on L1B Visa, kindly help me with answer.

I wanted to know if a candidate can stay in USA on a valid L1B Visa for more than 6months in continous, having that the candidate is on per di·em, and home country payroll.

Originally posted by SACHIN BOREGOWDA View Post
    Hi,

I had a query regarding stay on L1B Visa, kindly help me with answer.

I wanted to know if a candidate can stay in USA on a valid L1B Visa for more than 6months in continous, having that the candidate is on per di·em, and home country payroll.
    Though may not be the right thing to do but I do see that happening and dont think it is illegal.

On the other hand from taxation purposes, the income in home country needs to be taxed in US as one would be considered resident alien for tax purposes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Though may not be the right thing to do but I do see that happening and dont think it is illegal.

On the other hand from taxation purposes, the income in home country needs to be taxed in US as one would be considered resident alien for tax purposes.

I did not get this "the income in home country needs to be taxed in US". What about already the tax payed in home country?

Comment

Any more information to my query

Hi all,

Any more information to my query would be of great help. Kindly respond.

Comment

Originally posted by SACHIN BOREGOWDA View Post
          Hi all,

Any more information to my query would be of great help. Kindly respond.
          From a declaration point, a resident alien, for tax purposes, needs to declare ones global income in US. If you are looking at detail on this tax related information, would suggest talking to a Tax expert.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X