Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A visa to open a new office and hiring a US-based employee

Hello,

We're a small software startup organized as a US parent corp with a foreign subsidiary. All our employees are currently employed in the subsidiary, but the parent has contractors and clients. We're applying for L1-A to move our CTO to the US and setup our office there. We were advised that having an existing employee in the US would make our case stronger. We consider hiring a part-time office manager, who'd also help us setup and manage the office. What is not clear to us is what parameters about that employee could help persuade USCIS the most. For example:

- Is it crucial to have a full-time employee, or would part-time employee be just as good ? If so, how much hours per week would make sense to still be convincing to USCIS ?
    - Is it important to offer employee benefits in case of part-time employment ? Can having an employee without benefits still help the case stronger ?
    - How important is the salary size ? In case of part-time, is per-hour or per-month salary more important ?
    - What kind of documents about this employee could be submit to USCIS to help our case ?

Perhaps someone had a similar experience to ours, so we'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on these questions.
    Thanks!

Md

I passed thru the same things and i was granted L1A for a year , I hired full time executive and an office manager however in the renewal it was denied....I'm trying to figure out the reasons.
    Good luck with your case
    Amr

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X