Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 Visa for Girlfriend (yet to be married)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa for Girlfriend (yet to be married)

Hi All,
    First of all let me thank you helping me with this.

I'm having the following situation, I'm from Argentina and company in the US offered me a job with L1A visa. The objective is that I'll be travelling to the US in April 2016, and my girlfriend will come a few months later once I'm settle.

As of today I'm not yet married but planning to, in any case, we need to do it, so I can transfer her the benefit of the L2 Visa. The idea is that he will travel as a tourist to visit me during the first few months, now we wanted to get married in the US instead of in Argentina, so I can give her the Visa.

My question is, considering I'll be in the US with a L1A visa, and he will be there as a tourist, is it possible for us to get married there (in the US) while we are in those statuses?
    If it's possible may it be of any risk to her L2 Visa application to do it that way, instead getting back to Argentina to get married?

We would really prefer to do it this way, but want to make sure we don't risk anything in the process by doing it like that.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Regards,

Originally posted by rulo View Post
    Hi All,
    First of all let me thank you helping me with this.

I'm having the following situation, I'm from Argentina and company in the US offered me a job with L1A visa. The objective is that I'll be travelling to the US in April 2016, and my girlfriend will come a few months later once I'm settle.

As of today I'm not yet married but planning to, in any case, we need to do it, so I can transfer her the benefit of the L2 Visa. The idea is that he will travel as a tourist to visit me during the first few months, now we wanted to get married in the US instead of in Argentina, so I can give her the Visa.

My question is, considering I'll be in the US with a L1A visa, and he will be there as a tourist, is it possible for us to get married there (in the US) while we are in those statuses?
    If it's possible may it be of any risk to her L2 Visa application to do it that way, instead getting back to Argentina to get married?

We would really prefer to do it this way, but want to make sure we don't risk anything in the process by doing it like that.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Regards,

It is doable, but chances of her getting a B2 are low.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Its risky

There is a risk, when you move her there on B2 & than request for conversion to L2, it shows that she already had an intention to stay there & it is misusing the B2 intention.

Other possible way could be to apply for a K1 visa for her, its the same visa where she will show intention to marry someone there in USA & later K1 can be converted into L2 easily.

Please study a bit about K1 visa.

- Not a legal advice, its just MY opinion.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks both.

It was my understanding that the K1 was for US Citizens fiancees, so considering I'm not US native, and instead, I only hold a L1A VISA, is it possible to use this option too?

Comment

Apologies, I didn't read the post clearly.

L2 visa are pretty straight & most likely that she will get it from her home country.

So ideally you can get married in USA, let he go back to her home country, apply for L2 visa based on your L1 visa & you are all set.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X