to apply L1A-Blanket or H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to apply L1A-Blanket or H1B

Team - My current employer wants me to apply for L1A-Blanket for a immediate position at client place. at the same time I have a new employer who is ready to sponsor H1B. I am in dilemma on which one to choose.

I am with current org since 8+ with overall 10 year experience. I have received approved blanket petition papers ready with my current employer just need to get PA date and proceed.

looking at the success rate on L1A and restriction to work with same employer. My preference is to apply H1B and wait till April to know results and then apply for L1A-Blanket
    ---Please suggest, I need to take a call in few days.

Originally posted by getsatish_gk View Post
    Team - My current employer wants me to apply for L1A-Blanket for a immediate position at client place. at the same time I have a new employer who is ready to sponsor H1B. I am in dilemma on which one to choose.

I am with current org since 8+ with overall 10 year experience. I have received approved blanket petition papers ready with my current employer just need to get PA date and proceed.

looking at the success rate on L1A and restriction to work with same employer. My preference is to apply H1B and wait till April to know results and then apply for L1A-Blanket
    ---Please suggest, I need to take a call in few days.
    go with L1A if you're interested in getting a Green card in less than a year. If I am not wrong, most of the H1B aspirants will jump at the offer of getting an L1A.
    You will need to stick with your employer for 1 year, but once the GC is in your hands you're free to work, party and be merry in USA>

Comment

Both visa have their own pros & cons. Its upto you to select which one is more beneficial for you.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
        Even new employer has opted to file my GC.
        but no confirmation from my current employer.

Is it OK to file both L1A (From current org) and H1B (by future employer) at a same time?
        is it recommended?
        I don't want to VAC to confuse when I go for Interview on L1A

--Please suggest

Comment

You can have "n" number of visa applications from different different employers. Just ensure the same employer do not file multiple applications for you.

VO are smart enough & won't be confused, since you will be using a petition associated with your visa application. No one can try to fool VO, by filling a L1 petition & appearing for GC interview
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X