Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B extension: How much time to leave states in case of denial if VISA still valid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension: How much time to leave states in case of denial if VISA still valid

Hi,

Say I have my VISA/I-94 valid till 02-April-2016, My regular extension application is applied on 12-Jan-2016 and in progress. I have applied for premium today 07-03-2016, for L1B extension and in case of denial, how much time I get to vacate the country.

1) If denial result comes before my VISA expiry date
    2) If denial result comes after expiry date
    3) does the time starts from the decision made on online? Or the the date on which physical letter (through mail) reaches the Attorney? Because it is difficult to check online status on daily basis.
    4) What is the chance of getting result.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

Say I have my VISA/I-94 valid till 02-April-2016, My regular extension application is applied on 12-Jan-2016 and in progress. I have applied for premium today 07-03-2016, for L1B extension and in case of denial, how much time I get to vacate the country.

1) If denial result comes before my VISA expiry date
    2) If denial result comes after expiry date
    3) does the time starts from the decision made on online? Or the the date on which physical letter (through mail) reaches the Attorney? Because it is difficult to check online status on daily basis.
    4) What is the chance of getting result.

Thanks in advance.
    1. it would normally be mentioned in the denial notice. But assuming that you are denied March 22, you can potentially stay till your I-94 expiry, unless it is explicitly stated in the denial notice.
    2. Again a week to 10 days of overstay is fine.
    3. From the decision made date.
    4. Depends upon the strength of your case.

Most of the extension denial first get an RFE so that may buy you more time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Can Family travel Outside USA when L1B extesnion is in process with US cinsulate

I am on l1B visa. My visa and I94 expired 26 FEB 2016.
      My company applied L1B visa extension on 26 FEB 2016.

My query - Can my Family only travel to india in June 2016 ( after3 months from extension date applied) ? even if I don't get reply from US consulate on my visa extension?
      I am primary holder, I am not travelling outside USA.

If my Family goes out of USA, will my extension gets rejected?

Comment

Originally posted by vishramk View Post
        I am on l1B visa. My visa and I94 expired 26 FEB 2016.
        My company applied L1B visa extension on 26 FEB 2016.

My query - Can my Family only travel to india in June 2016 ( after3 months from extension date applied) ? even if I don't get reply from US consulate on my visa extension?
        I am primary holder, I am not travelling outside USA.

If my Family goes out of USA, will my extension gets rejected?
        They can travel outside, but how are they going to come back?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Usually L2 visas also have the same expiry date as L1 visa - which means their visa is also expiring at the same time. They can go out of USA, but they will need a valid visa & "your" valid status to come back to USA.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X