Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is L1b individual required after l1b blanket rejection

Hi,
    I've been working with my current company for the past 5 years. In Sept 2014 I went for L1b Blanket visa and it got rejected saying not clearly approvable.

In Oct 2015 My company got split into two companies and I am part of one of the company now

Recently, In Feb 2016 my company sent me again for L1b blanket visa interview with a new petition number and new sponsoring company name (because of split).

The interview went well and at last the VO told she is keeping the passport but need to do some Administrative processing before taking a final decision.

After two days the VO called and said they cannot re-adjudicate the petition as it was already adjudicated earlier in 2014 by other officer as not clearly approvable. They say you should go for an individual petition after a blanket rejection. They have not considered even though the petition number and name are different.

After two rejections I am little bit hesitant to go for an Individual processing. Can you please suggest how should we understand all these events?

Also, can we consider that they are satisfied with technical contents of petition and the answers during the interview as they have kept the passport? In that light If we go for L1b Individual immediately is there a possibility of clean approval or Do you suggest to wait some more time

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ravi

When they told you "Not clearly approvable" in Sept 2014, that itself meant that the blanket petition is not for you. I suppose the blue slip they have given you at that time should also mention that the similar blanket petition cannot be re-used.

Since it is a split company case, the origin company remains same - hence the second attempt is also rejected & they also responded you the same.

It is NOT REQUIRED to go for individual petition after blanket rejection, however there are better chances (~99% if the petition is approved) to get the visa as individual petition.

Go head with individual petition, there are high chances that you will get the visa - considering all other documents/qualification is sufficient.

- Not a legal advice, just MY opinion
    Last edited by Libra_14; 03-08-2016, 07:41 AM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll try the individual option.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X