X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 after 5 years

Hi All,

I got my L1 B Stamped in March 2012.

After that I am travelling to and fro between US and India.(Out of 4 years , two years in US and two in India)

Currently I am in US and want to stay after March 2017 also.

Will my stay be Valid after Mar 2017 ? (As per the rules , If you are on same L1 for 5 years , you need to stay out of US for one year)

My doubt is as I was not in US for 2 years..So still the 5 year rule will apply?

Originally posted by ErShweta View Post
    Hi All,

I got my L1 B Stamped in March 2012.

After that I am travelling to and fro between US and India.(Out of 4 years , two years in US and two in India)

Currently I am in US and want to stay after March 2017 also.

Will my stay be Valid after Mar 2017 ? (As per the rules , If you are on same L1 for 5 years , you need to stay out of US for one year)

My doubt is as I was not in US for 2 years..So still the 5 year rule will apply?
    Till when is your visa stamp valid? Till when is your I-94 valid? Till when is your I797 valid?

Comment

5 year is calculated based on where you really get paid (salary).

So if you worked in US for 2 years (got salary in US) & then 2 years in India (got salary in India). You can still work for another 3 years in USA.

But if you were travelling between India & USA every week/month & all time paid in USA - you are completing your 5 years.

Hope that answers your question. Ofcourse, you'll need to get your visa/petition renewed.

- Not a legal advise, just MY opinion
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X