Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding L1B and H1B visa processing

Hi ,

I am working for a MNC for the past 10 years and they are planning to process L1B in next 2-3 months. They are not ready to apply H1B for this year.
    So i am planning to apply H1B with outside H1B consultants/

My questions are

1. can L1B and H1b proceed simultaneously for the same person.
    2. If in case my h1b case is picked up in the Apr 2016 lottery, what will happen to my L1 processing from my current company.
    3. If my H1B case is approved, what will happen to my L1 processing from my current company.
    4. Can i get both L1B and H1b stamped ?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by trpimmmig_zen View Post
    Hi ,

I am working for a MNC for the past 10 years and they are planning to process L1B in next 2-3 months. They are not ready to apply H1B for this year.
    So i am planning to apply H1B with outside H1B consultants/

My questions are

1. can L1B and H1b proceed simultaneously for the same person.
    2. If in case my h1b case is picked up in the Apr 2016 lottery, what will happen to my L1 processing from my current company.
    3. If my H1B case is approved, what will happen to my L1 processing from my current company.
    4. Can i get both L1B and H1b stamped ?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. No issues, both can continue at the same time.
    4. No. One can have only H1 or L1 valid in passport, assuming you have the L1 stamped in passport, if you subsequently go for H1 stamping, the L1 will be cancelled, and vice versa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

1. Yes
      2. Nothing will happen
      3. Nothing, you can have multiple offers from multiple companies in USA at one time.
      4. My understanding is different than Raghvi, you can have both the visas stamped in your passport at one time, but you can use only one. In case if they officer at POE feels that you are trying to play around the system, he can cancel one of those visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X