FNU issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNU issue

My company has applied for an L1B Blanket for me and I have the Visa interview next week. My passport has my full name in the given names field and my surname is blank. I therefore have First name as FNU and surname as my full name in the petition. I know that after I get my visa and move to the US, this FNU issue is going to haunt me everywhere for SSN, Driving license etc.

After my Visa is approved and I get my passport with the Visa(name on visa is going to be FNU and surname will have my full name), can I apply for a new passport with my name bifurcated and after I move to the US, for the SSN can I use the bifurcated name as in my new passport? or will the SSN have my name as on the Visa(FNU)?

How is this going to work?

Thanks,

Brio

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    My company has applied for an L1B Blanket for me and I have the Visa interview next week. My passport has my full name in the given names field and my surname is blank. I therefore have First name as FNU and surname as my full name in the petition. I know that after I get my visa and move to the US, this FNU issue is going to haunt me everywhere for SSN, Driving license etc.

After my Visa is approved and I get my passport with the Visa(name on visa is going to be FNU and surname will have my full name), can I apply for a new passport with my name bifurcated and after I move to the US, for the SSN can I use the bifurcated name as in my new passport? or will the SSN have my name as on the Visa(FNU)?

Thanks,

Brio
    You are already late, this should have been corrected on the day you received your passport.

Now you've two options:
    1. Postpone the interview & first correct the passport. Do this if your other documents like school certificates/job letter also have bifurcated name.
    2. If the passport name matches with other documents (no bifurcation), let it be this way & keep using the combined name now onward.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Thanks,

Brio
    Also, Given name is your first name & your Surname is the last name. So in your case it will be LNU instead of FNU.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X