Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having L1A and L2 visa on same passport

Hello,

My husband has L1A and L2 on the same passport and he is in UK right now. He is trying to find opportunities in US and am in US on L1B.

Can he enter US with his L1A stamping without a employment offer letter(for US) from his company? He is still employed in the company who initiated his L1A however doesn't have a opportunity materialized yet.

I'm trying to check if he can come to US on his L1A and have a personal discussion with his employer to find potential opportunities for him.

Would entering US on L1A be a problem given the constraints. Or should we think about entering US with the L2 stamping and do a COS if anything materializes.

Please advise whats the best and right way to get him to US.

Originally posted by ila15 View Post
    Hello,

My husband has L1A and L2 on the same passport and he is in UK right now. He is trying to find opportunities in US and am in US on L1B.

Can he enter US with his L1A stamping without a employment offer letter(for US) from his company? He is still employed in the company who initiated his L1A however doesn't have a opportunity materialized yet.

I'm trying to check if he can come to US on his L1A and have a personal discussion with his employer to find potential opportunities for him.

Would entering US on L1A be a problem given the constraints. Or should we think about entering US with the L2 stamping and do a COS if anything materializes.

Please advise whats the best and right way to get him to US.
    You cannot enter US on L1 visa and then not work for the employer. I would suggest entering US on L2 visa and trying a COS to L1 as and when any opportunities come.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You cannot enter US on L1 visa and then not work for the employer. I would suggest entering US on L2 visa and trying a COS to L1 as and when any opportunities come.

Thank you raghvi. Would there be any rejections in COS? We don't want to compromise on L1A for obvious GC benefits.

Comment

Thank you raghvi. Would there be any rejections in COS? We don't want to compromise on L1A for obvious GC benefits.
        There could be, it would depend upon the merits of the COS request.

Comment

You cannot predict anything.

To be on safer side, let him come on his L2, have the discussions with the employer, go back to UK, come back using his L1A.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X