L1A To GC : Extending my stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A To GC : Extending my stay

Hoping to get your views on my case. I have been working in this current company for past 10 years. Initial years I was in India. The company applied for my L1B and I spent 5 years (ending Nov'2015) on L1B in USA.

(Aug'2015)3 months before the completion of my L1B tenure, company wanted to retain me in USA so applied for change to L1A to get the 2 year extension.My L1A was accepted but the stay duration was not extended as there is some 6 months rule for L1B to L1A conversion. I had to return back to India in Nov 2015.

After spending 3 months in India, my company applied for L1A on March 2016 and my petition was approved and the additional 2 years were granted (till March 2018). I will be going for visa stamping in few days and will fly to USA after that.

I am looking to stay back in USA once I go there. I would like to find out the legal options available:

1. Apply for EB1 and get a GC
    : The person who is handling the visa is not agreeing to apply EB1. He is asking for a stay in India for min 1 year whereas my stay in India as a manager after my L1A conversion is only for 6 months.(Nov'2015-May'2016)

2. Apply for EB2 and get a GC
    : My duration is extended for only 2 years and EB2/GC will not be completed during this time, so I will not be able to extend my stay in this case.

3. Apply for H1 and then get extension with EB2/GC.
    : I have already spent 5 years in USA on L1B. After spending 6 months in India,I will be back in USA on May'2016. Is there an option for me to apply for H1B in March'2017 and then convert to H1B in October and extend my stay based on my EB2 status. Note: My 6 year duration will be completed on May'2017. I have valid L1A till March'2018

Timelines
    L1B visa 5 years complete/Return to India: Nov'2015
    Back to USA :May'2016
    L1A petion 2 years approved for duration : March'2016 - March'2018

Let me know if you guys think of any other options or have any suggestions.

Once you get your L1A stamped, you can apply for GC under EB1C within 3 months of reaching USA & that will be the best bet for you.

You need not to be in India for 1 year, however you just need to work for same organization for 1 year within the last 3 years.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X