L1 B Extension - Question on filing and receipt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B Extension - Question on filing and receipt

My L1B Visa expires on 25th June, 2016 and I am going to apply through my employer for extension till my Max Out date which is 19th August, 2016 (7 More Weeks from the expiry date). My Questions are below

1. My company is saying that I can apply for extension and with the receipt I can stay for 180 days till i get the results however I will maxout by 19th Aug and will leave US, so I need not worry about the extension result later since I had already maxed out and Visa is expired. Is this correct?

2. What mode would be good to apply in my case? Premium or Normal mode? If premium, What percentage chance will i have to get it extended? or Is Normal mode better?

3. My company is still in the process for filing however Once it is filed, how long does it take to get the receipt on hand? or if in email then how long?

4. Is there any way to get the receipt quicker? Why I am asking this is because I am applying for Canada Visa as well and I need the receipt to apply for Canada visa as per employer since it takes 3 to 3.5 months to get the Canada Visa until I am in US?

Please do reply as soon as possible

Originally posted by dellite View Post
    1. My company is saying that I can apply for extension and with the receipt I can stay for 180 days till i get the results however I will maxout by 19th Aug and will leave US, so I need not worry about the extension result later since I had already maxed out and Visa is expired. Is this correct?
    Yes, you can stay in USA until you get response for your extension application.
    2. What mode would be good to apply in my case? Premium or Normal mode? If premium, What percentage chance will i have to get it extended? or Is Normal mode better?
    There is no difference on result, if you apply as premium or normal. These two option are to help applicants & not to judge application.
    3. My company is still in the process for filing however Once it is filed, how long does it take to get the receipt on hand? or if in email then how long?
    Normally within a week.
    4. Is there any way to get the receipt quicker? Why I am asking this is because I am applying for Canada Visa as well and I need the receipt to apply for Canada visa as per employer since it takes 3 to 3.5 months to get the Canada Visa until I am in US?
    I doubt you can get it quicker than a week.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X