Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a L1 Visa, looking for options for my girlfriend to join me

Hi,

Looking for advice on options for my girlfriend to join me in the USA.

I am a UK citizen on a L1 Visa for the next 2.5 years, my girlfriend is Polish and currently working in the UK. I would like her to join me here on a permanent basis. We met as I was going through the L1 process, so currently Skype is our friend, but we both want to live together.

I understand the option of a tourist visa, but don't want her to give up her job for 3 months and then go back to no job.

Are there any other Visa options. For instance, can she come over on a tourist visa and then change her status to L2 if we were married? Or are there any other Visa options that allow her to be here on a more permanent basis?

I would appreciate any advice, thanks

Originally posted by saintmark View Post
    Hi,

Looking for advice on options for my girlfriend to join me in the USA.

I am a UK citizen on a L1 Visa for the next 2.5 years, my girlfriend is Polish and currently working in the UK. I would like her to join me here on a permanent basis. We met as I was going through the L1 process, so currently Skype is our friend, but we both want to live together.

I understand the option of a tourist visa, but don't want her to give up her job for 3 months and then go back to no job.

Are there any other Visa options. For instance, can she come over on a tourist visa and then change her status to L2 if we were married? Or are there any other Visa options that allow her to be here on a more permanent basis?

I would appreciate any advice, thanks
    If you guys are planning to get married, better to do so there in UK & then come to USA on L2 visa.

For now she can come on B2 visa & go back.

COS from B2 to L2 will be risky, as it will reveal your wrong intention of getting the B2 visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X