Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa extension related questions

Hello All

Context: I have been in US on L1A blanket for nearly 3 years now, both visa and I-94 expiring end May 2016 (almost 1 month from now). I am planning to travel to Monterrey, Mexico for visa stamping on 27/28 April. Here are my questions:

1. What is experience with Monterrey for L1A extension success rate? I did not find any info on the forum
    2. Worst case, if they refuse my extension, do they normally also cancel the remainder of current visa or they allow you to use it for whatever period remains (in my case, its still 1 more month)?
    3. I am planning to take family along with me to Mexico. However, not planning for wife's L2 stamping till mine is clear. Worst case, if mine is denied, can she still return to US to wind-up stuff or she gets stranded with me in Mexico.

Many thanks for your responses

Sudhir

Originally posted by sudhgarg View Post
    Hello All

Context: I have been in US on L1A blanket for nearly 3 years now, both visa and I-94 expiring end May 2016 (almost 1 month from now). I am planning to travel to Monterrey, Mexico for visa stamping on 27/28 April. Here are my questions:

1. What is experience with Monterrey for L1A extension success rate? I did not find any info on the forum
    2. Worst case, if they refuse my extension, do they normally also cancel the remainder of current visa or they allow you to use it for whatever period remains (in my case, its still 1 more month)?
    3. I am planning to take family along with me to Mexico. However, not planning for wife's L2 stamping till mine is clear. Worst case, if mine is denied, can she still return to US to wind-up stuff or she gets stranded with me in Mexico.

Many thanks for your responses

Sudhir
    You don't need to go out of USA to extend your visa. You can file for extension while being in USA itself & once approved you can continue staying there.

However if you plan to visit outside USA, you'll need to get the visa stamped.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X