Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa valid but L2 (child) I-94 expiring

Hello,

I wanted to check to find out about a unique situation to which I was unable to get answer (I did not find any related posts).

I'm currently on L1A along with my wife & daughter - both on L2 visas. Mine & my wife's visa and I-94 are expiring in 2018 and our visas expiring in 2019 however our daughter's I-94 expires in Aug 2016 since her passport expires at the same time. Her visa is valid till 2019 though.

Questions:
    While we get her passport renewed, will it help if we reach out to the CBP office to either get her L2 extension to be same as ours ?
    As I checked her online I-94 status, I noticed her online i94 date is different (3 months prior) from the stamped date which is Aug 2016 - which of these is relevant ?

I would highly appreciate if someone can provide any guidance.

Regards,
    ripus

Originally posted by ripus View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to check to find out about a unique situation to which I was unable to get answer (I did not find any related posts).

I'm currently on L1A along with my wife & daughter - both on L2 visas. Mine & my wife's visa and I-94 are expiring in 2018 and our visas expiring in 2019 however our daughter's I-94 expires in Aug 2016 since her passport expires at the same time. Her visa is valid till 2019 though.

Questions:
    While we get her passport renewed, will it help if we reach out to the CBP office to either get her L2 extension to be same as ours ?
    As I checked her online I-94 status, I noticed her online i94 date is different (3 months prior) from the stamped date which is Aug 2016 - which of these is relevant ?

Regards,
    ripus

Even before reaching out to CBP you need to first get passport renewed. As for correct I-94 the online I-94 is mostly valid. What are your I797/I129S dates?

Also, it would help to put in actual dates rather than Years/duration.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ripus View Post
      Hello,

Questions:

Regards,
      ripus
      Here is what you need to do:
      1. Get passport renewed
      2. File for Extension of Stay for her & get a new I94 before his current I94 gets expired.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X