Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Blanket L2 turns to an individual L2 while applying extension (L1 is in US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Blanket L2 turns to an individual L2 while applying extension (L1 is in US)

Hi I am currently in US on L1 Visa without my family. Below were the expiry dates for the various documents.

Blanket L1B Visa - 5th Feb 2016
    I94 - 5th Feb 2016
    L1B petition (I129) - 5th Feb 2016. Extension for this is already applied in Aug 2015and I have the receipt number from UCSIS.

This was moved to premium in Feb 2016, which received RFE and finally got approved in May 2016.

The new I797 says that my visa is L1B and node not indicate anywhere the word 'Blanket'. So I am not sure if its considered as individual L1 or still blanket L1?

My dependents were issued Blanket L2 initially for the same period as mine (Feb 2013 to Feb 2016). They are in India now.

When they want to extend their visa now I was checking if they qualify for drop box option.

The US visa document website clearly says spouses of L1B are eligible for drop box.

But my company has booked in person interview stating reason that the visa category is changed now and wont be Blanket L2 like the first time when they applied with me instead it will be individual L2.

They are saying that it might get rejected siting the reason that visa category is different.

But I fail to comprehend how an Blanket l1 can turn to individual L1 on extension and how their dependents visa category changes?

Your immediate response will be appreciated very much. Planning to book the tickets this weekend.

Br,
    PGPADA

Does L2B qualify for drop box option for visa extension while primary applicant in US

Hi ,

I travelled to US on my blanket L1B last year without my family last year.

My petition and visa were valid between Feb 2013 to Feb 2016 so were my dependents Balnket L2.

I got my petition extended and got a new I 797 which states that I have L1B visa until Sept 2017. It does not mention the word 'Blanket' anywhere.

I want to get my family here. Since there Blanket L2 visa was also expired in Feb 2016, I am applying for their visa extension.

In the process I wanted to check if they qualify for drop box facility. Accordion to US Visa docs website spouses of L1B clearly qualify for a drop box.

But my company has booked in person interview t Chennai citing the reason that they do not qualify for drop box because their visa category would now be changed from Blanket l2 to individual L2.

I do not understand this. How a spouse of L1B can be an individual L2.

Please guide me whats the risk if I go for a drp box option for them? Is their risk of their visa rejection?

Cheers,

PGPADA

Comment

Raghavi or someone can you please answer the question. Thanks in Advance.

Br,
      Prashant G.P

Comment

Originally posted by pgpada View Post
        Raghavi or someone can you please answer the question. Thanks in Advance.

Br,
        Prashant G.P
        I don't see a risk in them trying to use a Dropbox if they qualify for it. I believe prior to filling the ds160 it checks if you are eligible for dropbox, if yes then go for it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I don't see a risk in them trying to use a Dropbox if they qualify for it. I believe prior to filling the ds160 it checks if you are eligible for dropbox, if yes then go for it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Thanks Raghvi. But my original question that Balnket L1 gets converted to L1B does that mean type or class of visa has changed?

Anyways I will go with drop box option. Looks like if consulate feels it was wrongly claimed for drop box they will ask to come for personal interview.

Br,
          Prashant G.P

Comment

Thanks Raghvi. But my original question that Balnket L1 gets converted to L1B does that mean type or class of visa has changed?

Anyways I will go with drop box option. Looks like if consulate feels it was wrongly claimed for drop box they will ask to come for personal interview.

Br,
            Prashant G.P
            Did you get a new I797 upon approval?

Comment

Br,
              Prashant G.P
              Hi Prashant,

I am in a similar situation. My L1A blanket is now extended as L1A individual. My wife/son's L2 blanket is extended as L2 individual.
              They are traveling to India and needs visa stamping, can they do dropbox or schedule interview.
              I see your case as similar and let me know what happened when your wife/son did dropbox, did they get the visa stamped?

Best,
              Sendil

Comment

Br,
                Prashant G.P
                HI Prashant

Did you go the dropbox worked for L2 Individual (from L2 blanket) ?

Comment

Hi Prashant, Sendhil,

I am in a similar situation. My L1A blanket is now extended as L1A individual. My wife/daughter L2 blanket they were in india.
                  I was planning to bring back. They have previous L2 Blanket visa. can they do dropbox or schedule interview.
                  I see your case as similar and let me know what happened when your depended did dropbox, did they get the visa stamped?

Could you please suggest and let me know your case.

Comment

I had a similar situation today. I got appointment for my wife and kid for L2 Blanket renew under visa type "L2 Blanket", since it was allowed for consulate interview waiver. I wasn't able to get my appointment since L1 Blanket renew/fresh isn't allowed for consulate interview waiver, and has to go Chennai. Later my counsel told me that I am eligible for dropbox, and on asking he mentioned I fall under L1 Individual now (BUT FORGOT TO TELL THAT MY WIFE SHOULD ALSO BE L2 Individual visa type), so I took appointment for myself under L1 Individual.

I was lucky that our appointment (2 separate appointment confirmations) was on same date/time and same slot. VAC mentioned that my wife visa type should be L2 individual and suggested to reschedule the interview, and since rescheduling is big task, I pushed that even L2 blanket should be fine. I think I was pressing too much, and they somehow accepted the documents. Now I am still waiting for results, and very nervous. I hope consulate (dropbox reviewer) show some sympathy with my wife and my kid, and change the type from Blanket to Individual, since our application would've went together.

I am seriously nervous.

Comment

Hi, I am also facing similar issue. We applied for L2 Blanket instead of L2 individual. The dropbox staff accepted the documents, but still the case status is Application Received. Ashi1990, could you please let me know what happened to your case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X