L1A Blanket Denied at Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket Denied at Chennai

This forum was a very helpful in my preparation for the L1A visa interview. Below is my experience at Chennai OFC and Consulate.

OFC - Very simple procedure. It took only 15 mins to complete finger printing.

Consulate - People were standing in a long queue waiting for their turn. I waited for an hour before I was allowed to enter inside consulate. It took more than an hour to get my turn for the visa interview. Below are the questions asked during interview

VO : Name of your company?
    Me : xxx
    VO : name of your client?
    Me : abc
    VO : your annual salary in USA?
    Me : yyy US dollars
    VO : how long you have been working with your company?
    Me : n years
    VO : tell me about your project
    Me : Blah blah blah in 2 lines
    VO : your job title in USA?
    Me : Project Manager
    VO : job title of your supervisor?
    Me : Engagement Manager
    VO : does your supervisor manage multiple clients/customers?
    Me : Manages one line of business for the client

He was typing for more than a minute and then he pulled a blue slip and ticked "Not clearly Approvable" and returned me I-129 and Passport.

Please share your thoughts on why did he denied my visa application?

Originally posted by ITProf View Post
    This forum was a very helpful in my preparation for the L1A visa interview. Below is my experience at Chennai OFC and Consulate.

OFC - Very simple procedure. It took only 15 mins to complete finger printing.

Consulate - People were standing in a long queue waiting for their turn. I waited for an hour before I was allowed to enter inside consulate. It took more than an hour to get my turn for the visa interview. Below are the questions asked during interview

VO : Name of your company?
    Me : xxx
    VO : name of your client?
    Me : abc
    VO : your annual salary in USA?
    Me : yyy US dollars
    VO : how long you have been working with your company?
    Me : n years
    VO : tell me about your project
    Me : Blah blah blah in 2 lines
    VO : your job title in USA?
    Me : Project Manager
    VO : job title of your supervisor?
    Me : Engagement Manager
    VO : does your supervisor manage multiple clients/customers?
    Me : Manages one line of business for the client

He was typing for more than a minute and then he pulled a blue slip and ticked "Not clearly Approvable" and returned me I-129 and Passport.

Please share your thoughts on why did he denied my visa application?

Well, it is always difficult to ascertain the exact reason, but on the basis of the information provided by you, the only reason seems to me is that if we look at your and your supervisors designation in combination, it doesn't seem that you are a Manager of managers( A manager who manages other managers) which is a basic requirement for L1A. Also, the fact that your Supervisor only manages one line of business(to which you would also be a part of) gives the impression that a separate manager is not needed in US to do more or less the same work as is being done by your Supervisor. If your Supervisor had been managing different line of businesses and if his designation was higher than that of a Manager like Director or VP, then the CO, would have been convinced that there is a wide enough span which needs a new Manager of Managers in US

Also, if you currently do not have managers reporting to you and if you wont have managers reporting to you in US, then it is highly unlikely that your L1A would be granted

This is just my opinion on the basis of online research and discussions that we have. It is certainly not a legal advise

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X