Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country to re-stamp extension of L1 visa

Hello
    I have applied and got granted an Approval Notice for extension of my L1B visa, and I got a form I-797A which states that after leaving the US (i.e. vacations), I need to re-stamp the visa before traveling back to the US.

Question 1: Is not clear whether I can stay past my original visa expiration, or whether I need to leave ASAP to be re-stamped

The problem I have is that me and my wife/son have different nationalities: I am Panamanian, and they are Norwegian. Also the fact that I dont have a long time off from work to stay out of the US while doing the visa renewal stamp (a few weeks waiting for appointment/passport).

Question 2: We dont know if we can re-stamp the visa in any country, or if we need to go to our respective country of citizenship. Neither of us have a residence address in our countries. Can she go to any country, i.e. Dominican Republic to get re-stamped ? Her family lives there (no family in Norway)

Due to the time it requires to get an appointment and get the passport back, ideally my wife will like to go to her family in Dominican Republic, alone with my son, and when I have some long vacations, I will go to Panama.

Question 3: Is that possible, to split the family for the visa re-stamp? Meaning she travels first with our son to renew her stamp for the spouse L2 visa.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X