Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Extension

Hi

I need your urgent help! We came to US on L1B Visa blanket petition. My visa is expiring in Oct. 2016. Company has given us two options. Either to file L1B individual extension in US or either travel to India and file for L1B blanket again. Need your advice on which route is most preferred and feasible, as I have a family with me, want to be doubly sure!
    Many Thanks for help!

The extension

Is this your first extension, I assume so, in which case go with the extension definitely.

That way you can stay in the country while it's processing and once successful you have another 2 years. Plus an extension is a lot less paper work then getting a new L1B visa.

Getting a new L1B visa is just that a brand new visa, you'll have to resubmit everything again and go through the entire process that you went through for the original visa.

Comment

Originally posted by ravefromdave View Post
      Is this your first extension, I assume so, in which case go with the extension definitely.

That way you can stay in the country while it's processing and once successful you have another 2 years. Plus an extension is a lot less paper work then getting a new L1B visa.

Getting a new L1B visa is just that a brand new visa, you'll have to resubmit everything again and go through the entire process that you went through for the original visa.
      Hi

Thanks for your reply! Yes this is our first extension. But what's the success rate of extension. As attorney's are suggesting to travel to India for a sure shot approval.

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by monakalra View Post
        Hi

Thanks for your reply! Yes this is our first extension. But what's the success rate of extension. As attorney's are suggesting to travel to India for a sure shot approval.

Many thanks in advance!
        There's no such thing as sure shot approval.
        If your documentation is strong it doesn't matter whether extension applied within US or you go for stamping in India. Some folks have had good success travelling to neighboring countries too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X