Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 (Tourist visa) while holding a valid (but yet unused) L1A visa

I am an Indian passport holder.

I have a valid L1A visa which is valid upto May 2019. (the visa was approved in May 2016). The intended project has got slightly delayed in starting, hence I do not have a confirmed project as of now. Once I get the confirmed project and SoW, I can travel on my L1A visa.

In the meanwhile, I plan to travel to US on vacation for around 2 months, before the commencement of the said project.

My query: Can I get a B2 visa (while already holding a valid L1A visa) and travel to the US on vacation, without the risk of L1A visa getting revoked?

Looking forward to your advice!

You can apply for a B2 visa.

Comment

Originally posted by Subhojit View Post
      I am an Indian passport holder.

I have a valid L1A visa which is valid upto May 2019. (the visa was approved in May 2016). The intended project has got slightly delayed in starting, hence I do not have a confirmed project as of now. Once I get the confirmed project and SoW, I can travel on my L1A visa.

In the meanwhile, I plan to travel to US on vacation for around 2 months, before the commencement of the said project.

My query: Can I get a B2 visa (while already holding a valid L1A visa) and travel to the US on vacation, without the risk of L1A visa getting revoked?

Looking forward to your advice!
      Vacation for two months? Will you be getting this long a time off from your employer?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Vacation for two months? Will you be getting this long a time off from your employer?
        Yes, assuming accumulated leaves and mandatory offs, this may not be an issue. My query was more of upto two months (could be lesser as well). Is the duration of stay also a consideration? What are the other considerations? I've known people to travel on B2 for 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Subhojit View Post
          ? I've known people to travel on B2 for 2-3 months.
          These are primarily parents and retirees (emphasis on primarily). It's uncommon for professionals to have 2-3 months of vacation travel time at one go.

That being said, US officials tend to eye applicants from professional fields with possible intent to change status once in the US on a B visa. You are free to apply for a B2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X