Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from L1b to L2

Hello,

I know there are quite a few threads on this but I want to get your opinion on my specific case - Both my wife and I came to US a few months ago on individual L1B visas. Our son came as my dependent. Now my company wants me to return as the project is not going as expected. Doing this would mean impacting my wife's career as well as our kid's schooling. One option we are mulling is for me to resign from my current job and go for an L2 but we are not at all sure of its feasibility -

Can I quit my current job and convert my visa to L2?
    Will our son, currently my dependent, also need to apply for a change to become a dependent on my wife's visa?
    Will I have to leave the country and return for the visa change?
    Once I quit my job, how long can I stay in the country?
    What is the process for applying for the change?
    Can I apply for an L2 and EAD in parallel?
    How long does it take for the process to complete?
    What are the cost involved? (not counting legal fees)
    Should I first apply for an L2 and then resign?

I am a senior and accomplished IT professional. How easy/difficult would it be to secure a job on EAD? Perhaps this needs to go in a separate thread for itself.

As you can see we are quite dazed and confused with this turn of events. Might have more questions as they pop up in our heads. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Any thoughts or pointers???

Comment

Decided to move back to home country...thanks for all your help and advice!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X