Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD for L2 Visa - Is Biometrics mandatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD for L2 Visa - Is Biometrics mandatory?

Hi All,

I am on a L1 Visa and my wife has a L2 Visa. She would like to apply for EAD.

Once the Form I-765 [ under Category (a)(18): Spouse of an L-1 Intracompany Transferee] has been filed, will the USCIS be scheduling for a Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment or is this requirement case on case basis ?

If yes, Can she Walk-in to the closest local Application Support Center and provide the fingerprints. Also, I believe there is additional fee to be paid for Biometrics and at which stage you have to pay this?

If my understanding is correct, We have to mail the Cheque of $380 and Form I-785 plus supporting docs to USCIS Lockbox Addresses and then we will get the receipt number to your Email ID (based on details provided in Form G-1145)

Note:: She will in US for a short duration, and then returning back to India.
    I am trying to avoid a scenario wherein USCIS may call her for the Biometrics after she has left US.

Thanks,

Praj

I did a paper based application with Nebraska center. I heard for I-765, they do not call for biometrics for paper based application. For me, its been over 2 months now. Only thing I got is a Receipt Notice. So I went to US for around 10 days, applied for EAD, came back to India, now serving my notice period of 2 months. In a couple of weeks, I will be traveling back to US again. I am hoping to have my EAD delivered in my mailbox by then. Generally, biometrics notice is sent within a month of applying.

Comment

Please help.

Hi a210 and Prajwal0782,

Could you please share both of your experiences? I am in similar situation as mentioned by you.

Thanks and Regards,
      Shanoof

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X