Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B restamping queries

Hi,

My current L1B visa is expiring on 22nd Oct 2016. My company has applied my L1B extension already under premium processing. Here are few queries I need your help :
    1. Once I get my extension approved should I go back to India itself to get our passports re-stamped ?
    2. Can the re-stamping be done in Mexico or Canada ?
    3. My company already has filed my I-140 also under EB3 and tried for my H1B this year. My h1b didn't get picked up in lottery. So with this updated status in mind will it cause any problems when I go for L1B re-stamping ?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks ...

Regards
    Vijay

I have a similar case. L1 extension in process

I have a similar case. L1 extension in process...do we know what kind of complication it can lead to during an interview for extension. Quick Response would be appreciated.

Comment

Inputs

Folks,

Any quick inputs on this are much appreciated....this is urgent.

Comment

Additional Info

Ok, here is what I found from other links/discussions within Immihelp :

1. Once I get my extension approved should I go back to India itself to get our passports re-stamped ? - NOT NECESSARY
        2. Can the re-stamping be done in Mexico or Canada ? - YES provided we meet the requirements that are listed
        3. My company already has filed my I-140 also under EB3 and tried for my H1B this year. My h1b didn't get picked up in lottery. So with this updated status in mind will it cause any problems when I go for L1B re-stamping ? - NOT ANSWERED YET

Additional queries came to my mind :

1. Once we get the L1B extension approval it comes with an extended I-94 too. So what happens if we travel anywhere outside USA and return back to USA before current visa stamp validity expiry (Oct 2016) ? Like if we go for a cruise to Mexico or any other places, while returning back with a valid current visa stamp in spite of carrying our L1B extension approval papers with an extended dates still they might stamp I-94 only till the current valid visa stamp. Is this correct or will they stamp I-94 till the approved L1B extension dates ?

2. Once we go out and come back I understand that the extended I-94 gets invalidated and the new I-94 that the immigration office issues gets valid. So how to get this corrected later ? Do we need to immediately go for a visa stamping somewhere (india, mexico or canada) and return back with the renewd L1B visa stamp to get the I-94 extended till the new approved dates as per the approved extension petitions ?

If the above things are confusing sorry for the same and here is what I need answers for :
        1. Will our I-140 application and H1B attempts acts against our L1B extension process in any way ?
        2. How to get the I-94 extended until the latest approved L1B extension if we had to go out of USA and return back within the current valid old L1B visa stamp ? In other words how to retain the extended I-94 dates that we get with our approved L1B extension papers ?

Appreciate all your guidance.

Thanks ...

Regards
        Vijay

- - - Updated - - -

With my earlier L1B extensions I didn't have any such issues coz that time my company didn't have my GC application or my H1B visa application initiated. So it was purely L1B renewal and hence there were no issues at the consulate in Chennai/Delhi. Coz I was retaining the status of Non-Immigrant intent. Now with my GC application in process and my H1B attempt has been made it's very clear that my company has a Immigrant intent which might work against the L1B visa requirements. Hence I posted these queries if it's a valid concern or if it's a normal situation that everyone has undergone before.

Thanks ...

Regards
        Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X