X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Dependent Visa and EAD questions

Hi!
    Thank you for all your help and time

I'm working on L1 Blanket visa, and my wife (currently working for a different employer in India) is going to take dependent Visa this month. Can anyone please help with the list of documents we need to carry?

EAD:
    After getting Visa (thinking positively ), as far as I know, she needs to travel to USA to apply for EAD. So, can she travel on vacation for a month without resigning current job in India, apply for EAD and return back to India --> resign and travel back to USA?

1) Will travelling to India affect EAD processing anyway?
    2) Can she apply for EAD if she is active employee in India for an employer?
    3) Can we apply for EAD for L1 B dependent visa without travelling to USA? - to my knowledge, I dont think so.

Any quick response is very much appreciated as we are running out of time, and thanks for all the guidance!

Originally posted by aar403 View Post
    Hi!
    Thank you for all your help and time

I'm working on L1 Blanket visa, and my wife (currently working for a different employer in India) is going to take dependent Visa this month. Can anyone please help with the list of documents we need to carry?

EAD:
    After getting Visa (thinking positively ), as far as I know, she needs to travel to USA to apply for EAD. So, can she travel on vacation for a month without resigning current job in India, apply for EAD and return back to India --> resign and travel back to USA?

1) Will travelling to India affect EAD processing anyway?
    2) Can she apply for EAD if she is active employee in India for an employer?
    3) Can we apply for EAD for L1 B dependent visa without travelling to USA? - to my knowledge, I dont think so.

Any quick response is very much appreciated as we are running out of time, and thanks for all the guidance!
    3. You have to come here to apply for EAD - U will need I-94 , L2 visa copy . U can not apply with out travelling.
    After coming here first she needs to apply for SSN and then EAD.
    For Q1&2 I don't think it makes difference if she is in India and working with another employer

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X