Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options after L1A Blanket Rejection

Hi,

Very Recently, my L1A Blanket visa was rejected at US Consulate in Chennai. I feel the VO expected me to have more indirect reports ( I had just shown 5 direct reports under me and all of them were consultants and Individual contributors in my company) and also that my immediate manager be reporting to VP level of the company. Perhaps, seeing no indirect reports, he was also asking me on how many more employees I plan to hire into my team, to which I said 5 more based on project needs. Also note that I worked in US on H1B from 2003 thru 2006 (close to 3 years) and on L1B from April 2013 to May 2014. At the end of the interview, I was handed a blue paper where it was mentioned that that my Blanket L1 is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L). Not sure if my L1B had any bearing on my L1A getting denied as I worked in the US on L1B visa in the immediate past 3 years.

Anyways, the rejection is behind me now and does not mean the end of the world for me, but my would be good to know what could be the exact cause for denial.

Also, I would like to know what are the best options for me to work in the US again?

1) L1A Individual with Premium Process with a better org structure.
    2) L1B Blanket (already approved once before in 2013 and worked in USA as mentioned above. FYI-The L1B expired in Mar 2016, so I applied for L1A as I got promoted to Manager in 2014)
    3) H1B

Thanks in advance,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X