X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/L2 Marriage Timing

Hi All,

I'll try to make a long story short....

I am currently working for a US firm in Ireland & have been offered a new position in their HQ in Texas, under an L1 visa (waiting on confirmation as to whether we will be aiming for an L1A or L1B).

I have been engaged to my fiancée for approx 18 months now & we are getting married in December this year. However, my company want me to start the new position in the States on October 1st.

Our plan is that I get the L1 visa & go to the States on my own from October - December. She will probably come out to see me for a week on a holiday visa (presume that won't be an issue).

We are getting married one week before Christmas day this year (so I assume some government offices will be starting to wind down for Christmas at this point).

Our plan is to start the process of getting the L2 visa for my wife the day after the wedding. Typically what is the process here - do we send a marriage cert etc to the US Embassy in our own country, or do we send it to somewhere in the States?

With regards to timing - we go on honeymoon the first week in January & not back until Jan 28th. We were hoping to have the L2 visa secured by then (while we are away on honeymoon) and my wife can then fly back to USA with me the first week of Feb. Is this realistic or totally impossible?

If the L2 visa hasn't been approved by start of Feb what are our options? Can she fly back to the States with me at the start of Feb on a holiday visa, so we can start looking for an apartment, buying cars, etc (I will be staying in a corporate apartment when I'm then in Oct-Dec). If she comes over with me at the start of Feb while waiting for the L2 - can she get the L2 visa while in the USA or would she have to fly home to Ireland just to collect the L2 visa in Dublin?

Sorry for a long winded post - any advice hugely appreciated!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X