Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B Extension rejected during visa stamping

Hello,

My wife is on L1B valid through Jan 2017 and I'm working on L2 EAD.
    My wife recently travelled to India and visited the US Consulate to get visa extension stamped. Her employer provided her with an approved L1 B Blanket petition to proceed with the visa stamping. The immigration officer declined the L1 visa extension.

What are our options to extend?
    1. Can she reenter with her current L1 Visa? (valid till Jan 2017)?
    2. Can she file for an extension after reentering the US? Is there a timeline before she can reapply?
    3. Will she require filing of an L1 Individual petition now (instead of blanket)? Is there a timeline before she can reapply?
    4. What are our other options?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

Is Associate applied visa extension from USA? if yes they will get L1 Individual petition not L1 Blanket?

1. Can she reenter with her current L1 Visa? (valid till Jan 2017)? I think No as she is in India and Does she has Valid US Visa till JAN 2017?
    2. Can she file for an extension after reentering the US? Is there a timeline before she can reapply? Yes if she has valid Visa and she can reenter US, she can apply visa extension
    3. L1 Individual petition can be applied from US when applying L1Blanket visa extension

Please take legal advice from Attorney

Comment

Originally posted by vishram28 View Post
      Hi

Is Associate applied visa extension from USA? if yes they will get L1 Individual petition not L1 Blanket?

1. Can she reenter with her current L1 Visa? (valid till Jan 2017)? I think No as she is in India and Does she has Valid US Visa till JAN 2017?
      2. Can she file for an extension after reentering the US? Is there a timeline before she can reapply? Yes if she has valid Visa and she can reenter US, she can apply visa extension
      3. L1 Individual petition can be applied from US when applying L1Blanket visa extension

Please take legal advice from Attorney
      Did she get back her passport? Was the existing L1 cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Did she get back her passport? Was the existing L1 cancelled?
        Yes, she was given her passport back right at the counter. So it does have L1 valid till Jan 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Yes, she was given her passport back right at the counter. So it does have L1 valid till Jan 2017.
          Was she able to come back to US with the old visa ? I am in the same situation. Let me know if i can travel back to US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X