Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staying in I94 alone

Hi

I have L1B (blanket) visa stamp until mar2017., spouse also working through L2-EAD and EAD valid upto aug,2018.
    with the recent travel to india, we both got new I-94 upto Dec 2018.

I have also got approved H1B on consuler processing this year..

we dont want to travel before march 2017 and enter usa on H1/H4. question is

1. can we stay in USA on i-94 and continue both of our jobs thro L1/L2 until end of 2017 i.e from march to dec 2017, we will stay on I-94 and then later go for stamping..is it legal to do it ? ..any foreseen issues with it ?
    2. is my spouse eligible for trying H1B lottery next year while we r in USA using I-94 and not a valid visa ?
    3. can indian passport be renewed based on I-94 ?

any advise in this regard is very much appreciated

Shankar

Originally posted by shan_123 View Post
    Hi

I have L1B (blanket) visa stamp until mar2017., spouse also working through L2-EAD and EAD valid upto aug,2018.
    with the recent travel to india, we both got new I-94 upto Dec 2018.

I have also got approved H1B on consuler processing this year..

we dont want to travel before march 2017 and enter usa on H1/H4. question is

1. can we stay in USA on i-94 and continue both of our jobs thro L1/L2 until end of 2017 i.e from march to dec 2017, we will stay on I-94 and then later go for stamping..is it legal to do it ? ..any foreseen issues with it ?
    2. is my spouse eligible for trying H1B lottery next year while we r in USA using I-94 and not a valid visa ?
    3. can indian passport be renewed based on I-94 ?

any advise in this regard is very much appreciated

Shankar
    Till when is your L1 I129/I797 valid?

Comment

Hi

I just checked..we have I129S and I797

I-129S says upto mar 2017 and I797 says blanket petition "valid indefinitely".

Shan

Comment

Originally posted by shan_123 View Post
        Hi

I just checked..we have I129S and I797

I-129S says upto mar 2017 and I797 says blanket petition "valid indefinitely".

Shan
        Then you cannot work beyond Mar 2017. You need to file an extension and get a new I797 in order to work beyond Mar 2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X