Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving from L1A to F1 having used all 7 years for my L1A

Hi,

I am aware that after staying in the US for 7 years with an L1A status I need to leave the US for at least 1 year to reapply for a visa (such as H1 or L1). Does this also hold for F1 visas?

Even if I stayed 7 year under L1 (the limit), can I switch over to an F1 without having to leave the US for 1 year? I've heard rumors that this is true, however that after completing the education under F1 I need to leave the US for 1 year to pursue a working visa. But again, I am not sure if this is indeed true.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

IJ

Originally posted by inchuljang View Post
    Hi,

I am aware that after staying in the US for 7 years with an L1A status I need to leave the US for at least 1 year to reapply for a visa (such as H1 or L1). Does this also hold for F1 visas?

Even if I stayed 7 year under L1 (the limit), can I switch over to an F1 without having to leave the US for 1 year? I've heard rumors that this is true, however that after completing the education under F1 I need to leave the US for 1 year to pursue a working visa. But again, I am not sure if this is indeed true.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

IJ
    You cannot be on H1/L1 till you spend an year outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You cannot be on H1/L1 till you spend an year outside US.

Thank you for the reply. Maybe I should formulate my question a bit differently... I was mostly interested in knowing if I could go from having used the 7 year limit of the L1A to F1 directly without having to leave the country for 1 year.

Regards,

In Chul

Comment

Originally posted by inchuljang View Post
        Thank you for the reply. Maybe I should formulate my question a bit differently... I was mostly interested in knowing if I could go from having used the 7 year limit of the L1A to F1 directly without having to leave the country for 1 year.

Regards,

In Chul
        You can apply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X