L1B Individual - Petition Expiry date == I94 Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Individual - Petition Expiry date == I94 Date

I recently traveled to US and at POE, DHS stamping is till the petition expiry date only i.e. till 2018 (I94 and Petition EXpiry date, both 2018)

However VISA stamped is till 2021..???

Anyone else faced this?

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post
    I recently traveled to US and at POE, DHS stamping is till the petition expiry date only i.e. till 2018 (I94 and Petition EXpiry date, both 2018)

However VISA stamped is till 2021..???

Anyone else faced this?
    Off late the officers at POE grant I-94 only till Passport Expiry/Visa Expiry/Petition expiry , whichever is the earliest. If you need to extend the i-94 you would need to extend the petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi,

Consider the case :-
      1. I94 / Petition expiry date == Dec 2018, So is it possible to apply for extension after dec 2018 as the processing would take around 3-4months in normal mode and a person can stay in US until case is approved or something?

or it should be before I94 / Petition expiry date only?

Comment

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post
        Thanks Raghvi,

Consider the case :-
        1. I94 / Petition expiry date == Dec 2018, So is it possible to apply for extension after dec 2018 as the processing would take around 3-4months in normal mode and a person can stay in US until case is approved or something?

or it should be before I94 / Petition expiry date only?
        Extension has to be applied prior to I-94 expiry. One can apply upto 6 months ahead of I-94 expiry so that by the time I-94 expires the decision would have come.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X