Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for L2 while staying in US

Hi,

I have a valid L1B visa and my spouse is on his own H1B, he is trying to change his job but wants to take a break for a month or so before moving to the new one ( wants to do some certification and personal studies) .

My company has started to apply for L2 for him and i had two questions

1) Can the L2 stamping be done in US, if he has to go out then can it be Canada? . Or does it have to be only in India ( we are both Indian Citizens)
    2) When filling the DS-160, which country should we choose when applying for visa(US doesnt show here)

let me know, thanks.

Originally posted by stevejobs_19 View Post
    Hi,

I have a valid L1B visa and my spouse is on his own H1B, he is trying to change his job but wants to take a break for a month or so before moving to the new one ( wants to do some certification and personal studies) .

My company has started to apply for L2 for him and i had two questions

1) Can the L2 stamping be done in US, if he has to go out then can it be Canada? . Or does it have to be only in India ( we are both Indian Citizens)
    2) When filling the DS-160, which country should we choose when applying for visa(US doesnt show here)

let me know, thanks.
    1. Visa stamping can only be done outside US.
    2. Wherever you are goign for stamping.

Dont see a need for you to go for stamping as COS approval would automatically move your spouse to L2 and as and when your spouse goes out the next time can get it stamped.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X