Travel while L2 extension pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while L2 extension pending

My husband has got L1 approval but I am still waiting for my L2 extension approval. I have the receipt for extension filed. My EAD been renewed. I 94 shows expired date. In this scenario can I travel to India for visa stamping ? Extension was filed on Sept 19. Visas expired on 3-Oct. How long will it take to get the approval ? My DL has also expired and the DMV needs I94 for extending it. Do I have to wait till L2 approval for DL extension ?

Originally posted by shikhaa View Post
    My husband has got L1 approval but I am still waiting for my L2 extension approval. I have the receipt for extension filed. My EAD been renewed. I 94 shows expired date. In this scenario can I travel to India for visa stamping ? Extension was filed on Sept 19. Visas expired on 3-Oct. How long will it take to get the approval ? My DL has also expired and the DMV needs I94 for extending it. Do I have to wait till L2 approval for DL extension ?
    Shikhaa,

I had same case for my wife. My L1 was approved and I had applied for her L2 from US. I applied in Feb 2015 and got approval notice in Oct 2015. Her VISA and I-94 was expired in April 2015.
    So it takes time if it was not filed as priority case.

And When I asked my attorney, they told me, if my wife travels while application is under processing, her application stands null and void and will need to be filed from US Embassy in India.

I am assuming your VISA is expired too.

This is my opinion and not a legal advice.
    <Anything I post on this website is a personal opinion or information from personal experience. This should not be treated as a legal advice.>
    PD: 31-May-2017
    Category : EB1C
    Concurrent Filing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X