L1 A to H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A to H1B

Hi I am working for Company C1 on L1 A ( Individual). My L1 Visa is valid until Jan 2017. In 2016, Company C2 filed H1B for me with COS. C1 is filing L1A Extension now and today ( 12/2) my H1B petition is approved. I would like to continue work for C1 on L1A for some more time. Please answer my questions below. Appreciate your suggestions.

1. Is my Status is changed to H1 already?
    2. I do need to serve Notice period in C1 ( min 2 weeks), If my status is changed to H1, can i work for C1 on L1A for the notice period?
    3. My L1A extension will be filed in a week time ( all documents are with C1 Attorney now), what would happen to it?
    4. What are my options to continue on L1A now?
    5. Can Company C2 revoke/cancel my H1? will be back to L1A?
    6. Can Company C1 file Change of Status from H1 to L1 now? Should i first stop extension and apply for COS from H1 to L1 and then go for Extension?
    7. My family are in L2 status, will they also be changed to H4 automatically?

Please let me know what is the process to continue working on L1A now ( after H1B approval on 12/1)

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by nutakki View Post
    1. Is my Status is changed to H1 already?
    If the H1B petition is approved, then your COS is done.
    2. I do need to serve Notice period in C1 ( min 2 weeks), If my status is changed to H1, can i work for C1 on L1A for the notice period?
    Depends on C1's policy.
    3. My L1A extension will be filed in a week time ( all documents are with C1 Attorney now), what would happen to it?
    It'll be rejected, since your COS is done
    4. What are my options to continue on L1A now?
    Consult your company C1's attorney
    5. Can Company C2 revoke/cancel my H1? will be back to L1A?
    No, you'll be out of status
    6. Can Company C1 file Change of Status from H1 to L1 now? Should i first stop extension and apply for COS from H1 to L1 and then go for Extension?
    Yes
    7. My family are in L2 status, will they also be changed to H4 automatically?
    Yes, you need to apply for their COS as well.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X