Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 mock interview question - % of management and technical work involve in your role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 mock interview question - % of management and technical work involve in your role

I am a software engineer. Last year my company filed my L1 B Blanket (Specialized Skills) and I got rejected in mock interview. Two of the questions asked to me are _

1. Does your work involve managing team or is it only technical?
    Ans: I answered as yes, it involves management as well as technical.
    Reason I gave that answer is because my designation is technical lead. Hence, it is expected to lead a team

2. How much percentage of work involve management and what percentage is technical work?
    Ans: I answered 70% management and 30% technical.
    Reason I gave that answer is because if person is managing team, he will not be able to contribute more in technical work.

But I felt person was not much happy with my answers. I would like to know how to answer these questions?

Originally posted by aanataliya View Post
    I am a software engineer. Last year my company filed my L1 B Blanket (Specialized Skills) and I got rejected in mock interview. Two of the questions asked to me are _

1. Does your work involve managing team or is it only technical?
    Ans: I answered as yes, it involves management as well as technical.
    Reason I gave that answer is because my designation is technical lead. Hence, it is expected to lead a team

2. How much percentage of work involve management and what percentage is technical work?
    Ans: I answered 70% management and 30% technical.
    Reason I gave that answer is because if person is managing team, he will not be able to contribute more in technical work.

But I felt person was not much happy with my answers. I would like to know how to answer these questions?
    Whats a "mock interview" ? was it taken internally or taken at the consulate?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes it was taken internally by third party councilor to evaluate probable success chances of candidate for L1 visa. Problem is, they do not share detail evaluation report with candidate. I am just curious to know how to answer these type of questions if asked again in interview. Does showing leading/management skill create negative impact?

Comment

Can someone please help me with this thread?

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Comment

Originally posted by aanataliya View Post
          L1B is for specialized skill set, such as product architecture, development, or specialization in a company specific product/process.

L1A is for multi national executive manager, managing large international projects/engagements/functions.

Dont mix and match , if you are specialized skill, you are expected to work only in technical domain and if you are management, you are expected to do only that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X