X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension

Hello everyone

This is my scenario

My L1B individual visa, I-797, I-94 - all are expiring on 14 May 2017 after three years. My company is going to file for my L1B individual extension soon.

My questions are:

1) I have 5 more months before my current visa as well as I-797 expires. Is it a little bit late to apply for extension ?

2) If it is a little bit late then do I need to ask my company to apply for PREMIUM(with my own expense if company does not want to pay) petition extension request instead of regular one?

3) I know after USCIS receives my case I can work in the US for 240 more days before the decision comes. But I have to travel to India in June 2017 for my marriage so I need to have my petition in hand before I leave the country. Is that correct ? Or I can travel with a pending decision ?

4) Do I have to appear for visa interview again or do I qualify for dropbox as I am going to renew my visa within a month after expiration.

5) My L1B individual was done in Chennai. But I want to do my L1B extension in Kolkata. Is that allowed, different consulate for extension ?

6) I want my would be wife's L2 done during my stay in June in India. If my visa extension is only a dropbox process do I need to book her appointment separately ?

My only worries are that I need to travel just after first three year expires and those travel dates cannot be delayed by more than 2/3 weeks. And I have to comeback with my wife as well :-)

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X