L1 petition extn reaching to 240 days mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 petition extn reaching to 240 days mark

I have L-1B visa, which expired on June 9th 2016, and my company applied for extension and I received RFE for the same.
    RFE response was submitted on Sep 14th and it is currently with USCIS California center.
    All the above happened with Normal processing (no premium processing was applied)

My 240 days will complete sometime in January end (Jan 28th, 2017). Wanted to check and get some expert advice on what options do I have

1. Go back to home country, if no response received by then end of 240 days.
    2. convert my application into Premium processing by early January to get USCIS feedback in 15 days.
    a. Not sure whether above is an option, sent query to my Attorney, waiting for his feedback.
    b. If premium is an option, should I really go with it or Not, considering the rejection when you try to move visa in premium processing (specifically L1B visa)

Please help!

Originally posted by vishaljain1982 View Post
    I have L-1B visa, which expired on June 9th 2016, and my company applied for extension and I received RFE for the same.
    RFE response was submitted on Sep 14th and it is currently with USCIS California center.
    All the above happened with Normal processing (no premium processing was applied)

My 240 days will complete sometime in January end (Jan 28th, 2017). Wanted to check and get some expert advice on what options do I have

1. Go back to home country, if no response received by then end of 240 days.
    2. convert my application into Premium processing by early January to get USCIS feedback in 15 days.
    a. Not sure whether above is an option, sent query to my Attorney, waiting for his feedback.
    b. If premium is an option, should I really go with it or Not, considering the rejection when you try to move visa in premium processing (specifically L1B visa)

Please help!
    It's a myth that rejections are more for premium applications, it all boils down to strength of your case. With that said, I would still suggest upgrading to premium and getting over this anxiety.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X