Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa through previous employer

Hi,

I was working with a company for over 5.5 years and left them recently (9 months back). They are now willing to sponsor my L1 now. As per the basic criteria, I worked for the company for over 2 years in the recent 3 years time period. However, I am not sure about the following. Appreciate your advise.

1. Can my US sponsor start the application process directly?
    2. Should have to join them back temporarily in my home country before they start the application process?
    3. If yes to option 1, I am sure they are going to ask the question, who is your current employer during my visa interview. When explain them that I currently work for a different company while the L1 is sponsored by my Ex-employer, will that be okay?
    4. If yes to option 2, how quickly can I start the process once I join them?
    5. In case of any rejection, how long should I wait for a new application? (Based on the history from people moves to US on L1 through my company, there is 100% success rate as far as I know as it is a very reputed company but I understand this doesn't mean a guarantee to me)

Kindly help.

Thanks a lot in advance and very much appreciate it.

Originally posted by avravi View Post
    Hi,

I was working with a company for over 5.5 years and left them recently (9 months back). They are now willing to sponsor my L1 now. As per the basic criteria, I worked for the company for over 2 years in the recent 3 years time period. However, I am not sure about the following. Appreciate your advise.

1. Can my US sponsor start the application process directly?
    2. Should have to join them back temporarily in my home country before they start the application process?
    3. If yes to option 1, I am sure they are going to ask the question, who is your current employer during my visa interview. When explain them that I currently work for a different company while the L1 is sponsored by my Ex-employer, will that be okay?
    4. If yes to option 2, how quickly can I start the process once I join them?
    5. In case of any rejection, how long should I wait for a new application? (Based on the history from people moves to US on L1 through my company, there is 100% success rate as far as I know as it is a very reputed company but I understand this doesn't mean a guarantee to me)

Kindly help.

Thanks a lot in advance and very much appreciate it.
    1. Yes.
    2. Not required as long as the criteria is met.
    3. You can always explain the need for the employer to reach out to you for your specialized skill.
    4. Immediately.
    5. New application for?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes.
      2. Not required as long as the criteria is met.
      3. You can always explain the need for the employer to reach out to you for your specialized skill.
      4. Immediately.
      5. New application for?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you very much for your response.

Have you heard of any similar cases? Sorry to ask this but wanted to make sure it is practically possible.

To you question on 5, Application for L1 visa again. It will be L1B blanket visa.

Comment

Need Help on H4 to L1 Visa

Hi- I got rejected in L1 B Visa few days back and still working with the same company.
        I have valid H4 Visa and now travelling to US.

Can my company apply my L1B Visa while i am on H4 in US. DO i need stamping and how much time this will take.
        I am going to US on H4 soon by takign sabbatical leaves.

Your help is much needed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X