Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B path to E2 investor visa - wife has EAD on L2

Hello,
    I am on an L1B visa, my wife on L2 and got her EAS recently. My company is sponsoring me for permanent residence (I hold a BSc degree and no postgraduates), the process just started (going through Labor Department approval process first, which is not obtained yet), and I know it can take years before the process ends.

My question is, I want to start a business and change my status from L1B to E2 investor, where my wife can have an EAD and I want to dedicate my time to that business fully. I do not want to wait to obtain GC and to be honest do not care whether I will have it. hence, I think E2 would be my best bet now.

Is there a way I can do this while I am in my job and already live in the US? or Do I have to apply for E2 from abroad?
    If it makes any difference, I am also a Canadian Citizen.

If there is any other, legal, fast route that would enable me to conduct business legally in USA, and have an EAD for my wife, please advise what could that be.

Thank you

P.S:
    My wife can also work on the business for few months with her current EAD, until I obtain my E2 status.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X