Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 with approved EAD - Work for Indian Company from USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 with approved EAD - Work for Indian Company from USA?

I am in US under L2 visa. Applied for EAD and is approved now. I am employed with an Indian Company and currently on Leave. Can I now start working for the Indian company during my stay in USA ?

Originally posted by jayabas View Post
    I am in US under L2 visa. Applied for EAD and is approved now. I am employed with an Indian Company and currently on Leave. Can I now start working for the Indian company during my stay in USA ?
    I think so, but also consult with a tax attorney as to how to pay taxes on this income.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jayabas View Post
      As per my understanding on EAD, you can work for any company on EAD. Even if its your old employer, there is absolutely no problem at all.
      Can you help me understand when did you apply for your EAD and when was it approved. I need to apply for my spouse very soon.. and trying to understand the timeline to receive it.

Thanks,
      Akash

Comment

Originally posted by skyzone.a View Post
        As per my understanding on EAD, you can work for any company on EAD. Even if its your old employer, there is absolutely no problem at all.
        Can you help me understand when did you apply for your EAD and when was it approved. I need to apply for my spouse very soon.. and trying to understand the timeline to receive it.

Thanks,
        Akash
        Receipt of application at USCIS, Dallas - 25th Jan 2017
        Approved by USCIS - 16th Mar 2017
        EAD Card Received on - 28th Mar 2017

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X