Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) issued for L1 visa

Hi,

I had my L1B(individual) visa interview in New Delhi on 30th March. This was my 1st L1 visa interview. After asking certain questions, the consular officer asked for my I-797B, cover letters submitted to USCIS, client letter, my current and US employment letter and issued me 221(g) form mentioning additional processing. She gave us (me & my wife) our passports back.

However when i check my passport status on ustraveldocs, it shows passport still with embassy/consulate.

Can anyone please advise on why its showing that?

Originally posted by harshmdi View Post
    Hi,

I had my L1B(individual) visa interview in New Delhi on 30th March. This was my 1st L1 visa interview. After asking certain questions, the consular officer asked for my I-797B, cover letters submitted to USCIS, client letter, my current and US employment letter and issued me 221(g) form mentioning additional processing. She gave us (me & my wife) our passports back.

However when i check my passport status on ustraveldocs, it shows passport still with embassy/consulate.

Can anyone please advise on why its showing that?
    Don't worry too much for the online status. Collect the documents requested​ in the 221g and submit along with the passports at the documents submission location.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the advise Raghvi, however the consular officer did not ask for any documents to be submitted, whatever documents that she asked i submitted at the time of interview itself, only thing that she wrote on the 221(g) form is "Additional Processing". She said that the consulate will contact me. The time period that she mentioned was 2 weeks. So i believe i just need to wait? Also wanted to check if the timeline given by the consular officer can really be relied on?

Comment

Check CEAC

Hi ,

You can also track status in the CEAC website (ceac.state.gov) with your case id (written on your 221g form). Rejection rate for L1B individual is very low, so dont lose hope.

Since consular said 2 weeks, check with Ustraveldocs after 2 weeks.

This is my personal opinion only

Thanks
        Saravanan.

Comment

Originally posted by saranivi View Post
          Hi ,

You can also track status in the CEAC website (ceac.state.gov) with your case id (written on your 221g form). Rejection rate for L1B individual is very low, so dont lose hope.

Since consular said 2 weeks, check with Ustraveldocs after 2 weeks.

This is my personal opinion only

Thanks
          Saravanan.
          Thanks for the advise, I checked on the CEAC website and it shows administrative processing with last updated date of 30th March(which was my interview date). I will check with ustraveldocs after two weeks.

Regards,
          Harsh Vardhan

Comment

Checked the status on CEAC as two weeks were over, still no change, shows administrative processing, guess the two weeks said by the consular officer is just a number and its going to take long. One change that happened was that the automated passport tracker now shows no status update for my passport, it used to show the passport is still with the embassy a couple of days back

Comment

Got a mail yesterday to submit mine and my wife's passports, submitted them today

Comment

Got a mail yesterday to submit mine and my wife's passports, submitted them today
                Its been almost a week since i submitted my passports, though the CEAC website shows last updated date as 3rd May(yesterday), but status is still administrative processing. Any idea how long do they take in administrative processing after they ask for passport submission?

Pls note its been 5 weeks since my interview

Comment

Its been almost a week since i submitted my passports, though the CEAC website shows last updated date as 3rd May(yesterday), but status is still administrative processing. Any idea how long do they take in administrative processing after they ask for passport submission?

Pls note its been 5 weeks since my interview
                  The CEAC website now shows the status as Issued, so i am guessing the visa is now approved?

Comment

The CEAC website now shows the status as Issued, so i am guessing the visa is now approved?
                    I got my passport with the visa stamped today, thank you all for support & guidance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X