Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B and L2 application forms

Good Morning,

I issued my Application form for my L1-B visa and I added my wife there as a dependent. I though that we will use only this one appointment application for both of us, since the L2 visa is dependent on L1. I successfully finished and submitted the application, however I noticed in the Application History that me and my wife are both applying for L1, and not L1 for me and L2 for her as I expected. I think that I made a mistake when I added her as a dependent, and I should have started a new appointment application for her. Do you have any experience, or hints how to change this? If it is not possible to change hers visa, is it possible to issue only a new L2 appointment application in this case? Or do I need to cancel the appointment and do it all again? I already payed for both of ours applications.

thank you for your answers,

Cenek

Originally posted by cenek View Post
    Good Morning,

I issued my Application form for my L1-B visa and I added my wife there as a dependent. I though that we will use only this one appointment application for both of us, since the L2 visa is dependent on L1. I successfully finished and submitted the application, however I noticed in the Application History that me and my wife are both applying for L1, and not L1 for me and L2 for her as I expected. I think that I made a mistake when I added her as a dependent, and I should have started a new appointment application for her. Do you have any experience, or hints how to change this? If it is not possible to change hers visa, is it possible to issue only a new L2 appointment application in this case? Or do I need to cancel the appointment and do it all again? I already payed for both of ours applications.

thank you for your answers,

Cenek
    Are you applying for L1A/L2 overseas? If so, you should select the right visa in the DS-160 forms and generate one form for each person, plus make the appointments together. In her form you will select L2. During the interview, only you will have to answer questions related to the L1 while she just have to answer general questions. I am not sure how to fix the appointment. I know that they can leave an open DS-160 if people do not show up for interview.

I never filled for L1/L2 while inside US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X