Withdraw L1 individual after RFE and go with L1 blanket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdraw L1 individual after RFE and go with L1 blanket

L1B/I-94/Visa all are expiring on 14 May.
    L1B individual extension was filed as premium processing in Feb. I got RFE only for employer's document missing.
    Lawyer responded April end.
    Unfortunately within 8 days I got second RFE ! For entirely different reason! Now it is because of specialized knowledge required of employee!
    Now I have a travel (to India, can't miss) planned in June. What my lawyer says is
    1) Even after I94 expiry - I can work for the company in US as they will not reply to the second rfe immediately, at least not before I travel to India in June.
    2)Lawyers suggesting me that when I travel in June and just before I leave they will respond to the premium l1b individual's rfe. But if that L1B individual gets denied I cannot apply for a L1B blanket before a certain cooling of period of 5-6 months.
    3) They are also suggesting me to withdraw L1 individual and apply for L1 blanket once I reach India. That way I can apply for L1 individual immediately if blanket gets rejected. But I cannot​ do vice versa i.e. I cannot apply for L1 blanket immediately after L1 individual rejection.

Which path can I take between 2) and 3) to extend my visa. Advantages and disadvantages of both ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X