Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How late I can reeneter US before my L1B petition expires

Hi,

I am on individual L1B petition which is expiring on Sept 09, 2017 and so is my I94.

But my visa which was stamped based on this petition is valid till Oct 09 , 2021.

I am planning for a vacation trip to India during June 25th to August 24th.

While I am returning my petition/I94 will be valid for only 15 days though the visa will be valid for few more years.

Will there be any risk while coming back given that I will have only 15days left on my petition.

Please note that I have already filed for petition extension with UCSIS last week.

Br,
    Prashant G.P

Bringing to the top, any response would be much appreciated from experienced subject matter experts.

Comment

Originally posted by pgpada View Post
      Hi,

I am on individual L1B petition which is expiring on Sept 09, 2017 and so is my I94.

But my visa which was stamped based on this petition is valid till Oct 09 , 2021.

I am planning for a vacation trip to India during June 25th to August 24th.

While I am returning my petition/I94 will be valid for only 15 days though the visa will be valid for few more years.

Will there be any risk while coming back given that I will have only 15days left on my petition.

Please note that I have already filed for petition extension with UCSIS last week.

Br,
      Prashant G.P
      The only risk I see is that the officer at the POE may grant I94 only till petition end date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        The only risk I see is that the officer at the POE may grant I94 only till petition end date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Thanks Raghvi. What I am worried is that with only 15 days petition validity will they allow me to reenter. As long as they allow me to renter I should be good. Please let me know.

I am also hoping that my current petition extension comes thru by then. I am moving it under premium category next week.

Br,
        Prashant G.P

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X