L2 EAD denied once,reapplying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD denied once,reapplying

I applied for EAD 2 month after applying my COS ,unfortunately COS( H1 to L2) ,is still pending due to which my EAD application got denied in month of march.
    To be on safer side I am going to reapply once I get my L2 approval.
    Now my question is there any restriction in reapplying EAD ? Is attorney consultation is recommended?

Originally posted by priyankaarun View Post
    I applied for EAD 2 month after applying my COS ,unfortunately COS( H1 to L2) ,is still pending due to which my EAD application got denied in month of march.
    To be on safer side I am going to reapply once I get my L2 approval.
    Now my question is there any restriction in reapplying EAD ? Is attorney consultation is recommended?
    No, as long as your L2 is approved with valid I94 and L1 has valid I94, I believe you should be able to get an EAD.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No, as long as your L2 is approved with valid I94 and L1 has valid I94, I believe you should be able to get an EAD.

Thanks for the quick response,I have jusrt another question .Will it be advisable to wait for L2 and then apply for EAD ? I was thinking that If I wait for L2 and then apply for EAD it will take another 2-3 month and I will be without job almost 10 months.
      As per USCIS they have processed case until 3rd Oct and Since I have applied in Nov my case might get processed in another 1month,so applying for EAD now would be wise?

Comment

Originally posted by priyankaarun View Post
        Thanks for the quick response,I have jusrt another question .Will it be advisable to wait for L2 and then apply for EAD ? I was thinking that If I wait for L2 and then apply for EAD it will take another 2-3 month and I will be without job almost 10 months.
        As per USCIS they have processed case until 3rd Oct and Since I have applied in Nov my case might get processed in another 1month,so applying for EAD now would be wise?
        I don't see a reason to wait, you can attach L2 extension receipt along with the I765.

Comment

visa

I am a srilankan and i am married to indian ..i come here with visit visa and its expired almost 2 weeks.i got married 8th of this month ..how can i extend my visa and how much do i have to pay penalty for this two week..i need a clear answer ..

Comment

Is the Indian national you are married to also a US citizen? Then you can file adjustment of status to permanent resident despite being out of status

Is the Indian national you are married to a green card holder? He can petition for you to get a green card, which will take like 2 years, but you won't be eligible for adjustment of status. You will have to depart the United States and obtain your immigrant visa (when available) at the consulate abroad. If you remain out of status for more than 180 days, you will be barred from entering the United States for 3 years. If you remain out of status for more than 1yr, you will be barred for 10 years. A waiver will be available if you can show demonstrate that remaining outside the United States will cause extreme and unusual hardship towards your permanent resident spouse

Either way, you can not extend your B visa, because you did not file a timely application to extend your status

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X