Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working on L2 - EAD. Will I lose my privilege to work if L1 applies for GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on L2 - EAD. Will I lose my privilege to work if L1 applies for GC?

Hi!

I am currently working on L2 - EAD for a local American firm. My husband is on L1 - A for a multinational firm. We are from India.
    My husband's organization is filing for his GC under EB1-C category. I understand that it does not involve PERM. For some reason, my L2 VISA and EAD is valid for another 2 years (2.5 years precisely) and my husband's primary visa is expiring in another 6 months.

Please try and answer these questions for me.

1. Does he have to apply for extension if he is applying for GC?
    2. Do I still get to retain my privilege to work until we get our GCs or does it lapse the moment he applies for our GCs?

Thanks,
    DA

If you are filing concurrently (you should do it before the end of May, since the dates have retrogressed in June's visa bulletin, and hence you will not be able to file concurrently):
    Your husband will be able to work on L1 until expiration date, and by then if he has the EAD associated with his AOS, he can continue working using that. It is the same in your case too: L2 valid until your husband's L1 expires, and then you can continue working if you have the EAD from your AOS.

If you do not expect to get the EAD from your AOS prior to L1 expiry, you should file for an extension.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X