L2 extension after L1 extension is approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 extension after L1 extension is approved

L1B expired last year and extension was approved within 240 days grace period.

L2 dependent's I94 end date is different from L1. The L2's original I94 end date is until next year. This was why L2 was not included in the L1's extension application last year.

Does L2 need to file also extension now even though L2 I94 is until next year? I'm asking because the L1-B blanket became individual because of the extension. What needs to be done with regards to the L2?

Originally posted by phogi View Post
    L1B expired last year and extension was approved within 240 days grace period.

L2 dependent's I94 end date is different from L1. The L2's original I94 end date is until next year. This was why L2 was not included in the L1's extension application last year.

Does L2 need to file also extension now even though L2 I94 is until next year? I'm asking because the L1-B blanket became individual because of the extension. What needs to be done with regards to the L2?
    Hi,

I-94 is for duration of stay in US, if your L2 I-94 is expiring next year till that time no action required , they can apply for extension only 6 month prior to the I-94 extension. If you are planning to go outside US then only it will be issue because I-94 become invalid . You and dependent have to go for stamping and come back . if your dependent not planning to move outside US then you can apply for extension 6 month prior to I-94 Expire. This is not legal advice , just an opinion .

Comment

Thanks Jenny. I have two dependents and their L2 I-94 end dates are one year apart? Does that mean I can only file to extend dependent at a time since I can only file extension 6 months prior to end date?

Comment

Originally posted by phogi View Post
        Thanks Jenny. I have two dependents and their L2 I-94 end dates are one year apart? Does that mean I can only file to extend dependent at a time since I can only file extension 6 months prior to end date?
        Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X